Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wings by Aprilynne Pike

Wings Free with Bonus Material

Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful—too beautiful for words. Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings. In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.
My Review:

I love a good fairy book, and that's exactly what this was. I think fairy books are among the most interesting and varying of all the "monster" types of books. All the fairy books give fairies different origins and powers. This book went right along with that. This was a fresh, intersting take on them. The main character is Laurel, who is slowly finding out who she truly is. She makes friends with a beautiful fairy named Tamani. Okay, let me just say I loved Tamani. Honestly, I don't know why Laurel won't just tell David to leave her alone. I mean, come on! Tamani is a fairy! And he's gorgeous! I suppose I'll have to read the next book to make sure she doesn't get too enthralled with David. But anyway, good book. Fun twist on fairies. Refreshing. Exciting. Read it.

4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment