Friday, May 20, 2011

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest

Boneshaker (The Clockwork Century, #1)

Boneshaker derives its title from the Bone-Shaking Drill Engine, a device designed to give Russian prospectors a leg up in the race for Klondike gold. Unfortunately, there was one hitch: On its trial run, the Boneshaker went haywire and, long story short, turned much of Seattle into a city of the dead. Now, 16 years later, a teenage boy decides to find out what is behind that mysterious wall. Can his sister save him in time?

My Review:

Eh. I wasn't crazy about this book, and honestly, I couldn't even finish it. I thought it was really slow and kinda confusing regarding the family tree. I gave it two stars for the interesting plot line and the potential to be a really good book. However, the promise of an exciting dystopian was never put into action. Maybe I'll try to finish it one day, but for now, I get bored just looking at it.

2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment